"There are no accidents in God's universe... or
in our lives"
WHAT IS SYNCHRONICITY?
Synchronicity is the experience of two or more
events which are causally unrelated occurring together in a
meaningful manner. In order to be synchronous, the events should
be unlikely to occur together by random chance
This is one of many universal laws or truths that can never be proven
for sure. And yet, there are far too many stories about people who have
had mysterious forces miraculously enter or guide their lives when they
least expected it. If we really look at it closely, coincidences in our
lives are far too common. As they begin to accumulate over the years, our
minds begin to open to new possibilities. That maybe, just maybe, they are
more than random happenings.
What is a synchronous event? It's an experience or circumstance that comes
into our life when we least expect it to happen. What sets these
mysterious happenings apart is that they are always unplanned and
unexpected. A blind date that leads to life partnership, an unexpected
phone call that pulls us away from tragedy, a job opportunity that
suddenly opens, a gift of money when we need it most, a dream that turns
out to be true, an unexpected admissions to a college we never thought
would happen, are just a few examples.
These happenings can occur on a large, medium or small scale. I like to
think of the large ones as events, which have a major impact on our lives.
This can be a long-term relationship with someone, a crippling accident
that leads to a life-time challenge, an unexpected book from a friend that
opens up a life-changing spiritual quest for us, and so on.
The medium synchronous events are more for course corrections that lead us
to the major ones or help the major ones unfold smoothly and successfully.
For example, an unexpected salary bonus (medium) that allows us to take a
vacation (medium) during which we find a lifetime partner (major), or a
new business venture, (major) or
decide to change jobs and move to another part of the country (major), are
a few examples. The small events are more for fine- tuning the whole
process and are also very important.
Curiously, these unexpected gifts of guidance often drop in out of the
universe to influence our thoughts or impact the direction that our lives
may take when we least expect them. Whenever this happens, our free will
is never violated in the process. While in body, we always have the choice
to react to these events, regardless of size, the way we want to.
Where do these events come from? How do they happen? Why do they happen?
Do they have a purpose? What is the force that makes them happen?
- Nothing happens by accident in God's universe or our lives.
- Thus, there is no such thing as a coincidence.
- Prior to coming to this planet we create a life-plan.
- That plan is made with free will. Nobody forces it on us.
- Our life-plan is made after we review our previous lives and
- The more evolved we are the more our life-plan centres around spiritual
growth and service to others.
- We may want to learn patience, forgiveness, compassion, during our next
- Or we may want to experience being blind, poor, rich, etc.
- Our guardian angels/sprit guides know our plan.
- Synchronous events often come when we least expect them.
- That's what makes them synchronous.
- When an unexpected event occurs, we still react to each with free will.
- It is also possible to overrule parts or all of our plan while on Earth.
- However, overruling our original plan is not the wisest choice. It
creates confusion in our lives.
- Certain events will occur in our lives when we planned for them to
- While in body we are constantly making choices and creating our reality.
- This too is done with free will.
- And yet, there is "something" going on in the background of
- This something provides the guidance we need for our plan to unfold.
- This influence is happening at a higher level and for good purpose
- That purpose is to keep us on course as it relates to our earthly plan.
- Another purpose is to provide us ongoing guidance in our lives.
- Many events also make us happy such as finding past-lifetime
- If we ask Spirit (and our angels) for guidance, the help is sure
- We need to learn how to listen for and to the guidance.
- Pay special attention to any event or clue that happens three or more
- Look for patterns and repeated themes within the event(s).
- Often times the messages we receive are symbolic and we need to decipher
- If things fall into place, as if by magic, most likely you're on the
- If you meet resistance or dead-ends, reconsider the choice you have
Here's a simple way to look at past events that have mysteriously come
into your life as unplanned or unexpected experiences. These events may
have been based upon some form of guidance such as a strong hunch, a
powerful or compelling thought that came into your mind, a voice that
spoke to you, a dream that you had, a synchronous event, and so on.
Draw a line across a piece of paper. This is your life time-line. Let's
say it represents the past 20 years of your life. Go to the beginning (to
the left of the line). Put a mark through the line and an event underneath
the mark that had a major impact on your life or the direction it took.
And, most importantly, came about unexpectedly, without your planning it.
Do this until you reach current time. Then think about how it all came to
A hypothetical time-line might be...
- you are suffering from an unrewarding and abusive marriage (1990)
- you get divorced (1991)
- you lose your job (1991)
- you are in major crisis (1991)
- everything you do to try to find a new job doesn't work out (guidance
can often be through negative experiences and events)
- a book given to you by a friend leads to a radical spiritual
- unexpectedly an old friend calls, a wonderful job opens in Arizona
- you interview for job, it goes well and you are hired (1993)
- you move to Arizona (1993)
- everything goes smoothly for you (guidance that you are on the right
- a blind date in Arizona leads to a fulfilling relationship and life-time
- and so on
When we reflect on the unexpected events and guidance that comes into
our lives on a regular basis, these kinds of divine, mysterious
experiences should truly make us think and wonder what's behind them.
One can take this simple exercise a bit further by isolating one of the
major events in your life and then reconstructing the medium and minor
events that helped the major one fall into place and unfold smoothly.
Whenever we ask Spirit or our angels for guidance in our lives, whether it
has to do with a relationship, a job, a failing marriage, sickness, etc.
the answer will come. That is guaranteed.
Look for clues, patterns and things that seem to materialize out of
nowhere, but are related to your question. Look for messages that are
symbolic, or the words of a song that pop up after asking God or your
angels a question. Watch out for an unexpected phone call, finding an old
letter or picture, actually hearing a voice in your head, a dream that is
related to your question, a vision that appears in your head while
meditating, are a few examples. Be alert for medium or major synchronous
events that unexpectedly unfold.
Always keep in mind that, when things go smoothly and fall into place, you
have most likely made the right choice and the right event has come into
your life. When our decisions or efforts run into resistance or
roadblocks, seriously re-examine the choices you have made or the false
alarm, guiding event that has come into your life. Correct guidance is
always loving and has our best interests in mind. The wrong guidance
generally arouses feelings of fear or guilt.
Hopefully, all of this makes you think and wonder about these magnificent
ways that not only guide and influence our lives, but also help us
understand our life-plan.
We are never left alone. Never.